Shredded mail and sweet eyes
Our Chevy is a BIG dog. A BIG boxer. And he is the typical protective pet. Sweet to us, and ferocious to others.
And for some reason he still hasn’t learned that our mail carrier isn’t going to do anything but stick a few pieces of paper in the slot and go on their merry way.
Understand that Chevy barks at anything that makes noise outside, but this is a predictable one with the same results. But for Chevy, when the unmistakable sound of the mail truck shows up, the main event has begun.
It goes something like this:
- Mail truck pulls up.
- Wild barking begins.
- Paws and nails go tearing for the door.
- More wild barking and a focused stare at the mail slot.
- Mail begins to peek through the slot with fingers quickly withdrawn.
- Chevy tears and grabs at it as though a live human hand is coming in.
- A few pieces of junk mail and the cable bill lay in shreds.
- Wild barking stops. Chevy goes back to sleep like nothing happened.
We’re adding this to the list of obedience school items. We’re fine with the protection. Just worried that a disappearing bill or two might get the lights or water shutoff. Hey at least he’s not eating Taylor or Phoebe’s baby dolls……….yet…….